Planning a wedding can be stressful. There’s no doubt about it. Even the most serene brides-to-be, the ones who remain calm and cool through anything, can get pushed too far and sometimes snap. Perhaps it’s a mother with way too many opinions, a difficult bridesmaid pouting through every fitting, a photographer with attitude, or a budget that’s growing way out of control … not to mention your everyday stressful work life piling the tension on you too.
Whatever sends you over the edge, threatening to brand you with the dreaded B-word (either Bridezilla or the other one), your best move is to take some time out, away from the Wedding just once in a while. Take off the Bride-To-Be badge and just de-stress in a way that works best for you. Don’t worry, it will all still be there when you get back.
We have some ideas for you here, the first one being…….plan several of them in your schedule:
1. Plan a date night with your fiancé – no wedding talk allowed. Make it romantic, and remind yourselves that all this wedding craziness is going on because you’re madly in love.
2. Go to a spa or beauty therapist. Have a manicure, pedicure, massage, foot massage…something soothing and indulgent.
3. Don’t skip Girls’ Night Out just because you’re busy. Again, make it a rule that no wedding talk is allowed, and laugh and dance with your friends just like you always have. Social time is crucial to keeping your sanity.
4. Laugh it up. Laughter creates feel-good hormones, so either rent the funniest flicks of all time, or join your friends and fiancé for a night at the comedy club.
5. Spend time with your pet. Health magazines and sites often report that just petting a dog can create relaxation hormones, so take some time to cuddle with your pet, or go to a friend’s place to “borrow” her dog for an hour or two.
6. Get plenty of exercise. When you’re busy, your fitness routine could suffer. But don’t skip those yoga classes or evening walks just because you have a lot on your To-Do list. Making time to work out keeps you on an even keel, relaxes the mind, and gives you more energy to handle that To-Do list well.
7. Book an overnight stay at a bed and breakfast or hotel as a surprise to your fiancé. A little mini-vacation, even if it’s just up the road, can be a terrific escape — order up room service, enjoy that in-room whirlpool bath, watch a movie in bed, or lay out by the pool ordering tropical drinks. You can pretend you’re in Maui already.
8. Read a great book. Find something funny or intriguing. Nothing wedding-oriented, nothing self-help, nothing stressful in any way. Then either curl up in bed and read for a few hours.
9. Attend a cultural event, like a street festival, a concert, a play, a dance performance, a jazz club night. Some events are free, so check the newspaper and websites for a list of events going on in your area.
10. Make time for play. It could be a snowball fight together, a board game evening, mini-golf or creative use of that chocolate syrup in your cabinet.
Remember though Fuze Ceremonies are here to help and have a great array of services and suppliers that can help take the stress away from planning your wedding. If there’s anything we can do to assist with your wedding needs whether it’s the ceremony or putting you in touch with any of our suppliers don’t hesitate to get in touch.