When it comes to weddings there are a lot of superstitions that surround the day. Some date back many centuries.
If you’re slightly superstitious and tying the knot in the near future you might want to read on. We’ve rounded up the unlucky for some top 13 wedding superstitions.
13. According to English folklore, the unluckiest day to get married is Saturday! Despite this, Saturday is still the most popular day to tie the knot.
12.Your last names shouldn’t start with the same letter. “To change the name and not the letter/is to change for the worst and not the better.”
11. “Marry in the month of May and you’ll surely rue the day.” Nowadays the month of May is a very popular month for a Spring wedding.
10. Friday, especially Friday the 13th is said to be an unlucky day to marry. Anyone getting hitched today?
9. It’s also bad luck to go shopping for your wedding rings on any Friday.
8. It is still considered unlucky for couples to see each other on the day of the wedding until they meet at the altar.
7. The groom must carry his new wife across the threshold of the couples new home to prevent bad luck as it is believed to bring good fortune in their future life.
6. You shouldn’t wear your complete wedding outfit before the big day-it may lead to heartbreak and tragedy.
5. Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead!
4. A satin dress traditionally brings bad luck and a velvet dress will threaten poverty in the future.
3. If you get married on a rainy day, it’s said to be a stormy marriage.
2. It’s bad luck to sell your wedding dress, but it’s okay to give it away
1. If you are the bride and crying on your wedding day it’s said to be a good omen.
Have you heard of any other wedding superstitions or even some unique wedding traditions? Let us know! We’d love to hear some more!