You’ve found your dream wedding gown, but forget shoes and accessories, your next port of call should be to hunt down the perfect set of undies! The right lingerie will miraculously sculpt your shape, underpin your outfit and fill you to the brim with confidence, which is exactly how every bride should feel on her big day. So whether you’ve chosen a figure skimming mermaid gown or a full blown princess dress, the key to a slamming silhouette lies beneath the fabric and Team Fuze are going to help you achieve it!
Before you charge off in a frenzy of bras, bustiers and bodices, there are a few points to note to help you on your quest to find unsurpassable undies:
• Get fitted! Did you know that a recent survey found that approximately 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra? High street shops such as M&S, Debenhams, John Lewis and Boux Avenue all offer free fitting, so take advantage of this service before you go any further.
• Keep in mind that you’ll probably need two sets of underwear, one for the wedding day and one for the wedding night. Wedding night lingerie serves to reflect your personality and style; however, the purpose of wedding day lingerie is to give you the smoothest silhouette possible, so think Bridget Jones style control pants rather than thriller frills.
• When you go along to a wedding dress fitting, take a choice of underwear styles as this will help you decide what kind of lingerie you’ll need to buy when the time comes.
• Most brides try to lose a few pounds before their big day, so put off your fitting and lingerie buying until you are confident that your weight won’t change.
• Often women will understandably gravitate towards white lingerie, but it is advisable to stay away from bright white as this will more often than not show through the wedding dress fabric. Air on the side of caution and stick with ivory or flesh coloured lingerie.
• Similarly, if your dress is made from delicate fabric, lacy lingerie may also show through so do bear this in mind when considering which underwear to choose.
So you know what you’ve got to do, now here’s where to find it. Lots of online and high street fashion retailers and department stores stock bridal lingerie collections, but we’ve listed Fuze’s Fabulous Five for you to check out below:
The online shopping mecca that is ASOS stocks hundreds of underwear options to suit all budgets and includes a brilliant bridal lingerie collection, which is vast and varied. From ASOS own brand to Stella McCartney, it’s all there for the taking and there’s even free delivery and returns!
We love the Arabella High Apex Triangle Bra Set which is currently on sale for a tiny £15.50!
When it comes to shopping for underwear, most women trust that Marks & Spencers will deliver on practical and pretty lingerie, but the high street legend also offers a fabulous bridal lingerie collection. From their own-brand shapewear to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s gorgeous Autograph range, the entire bridal collection is jam-packed with practical pieces in sizes 30A-46K. Our particular favourite is the silhouette enhancing Firm Control No VPL Wear Your Own Bra Body, which retails at £28.
One of the most iconic underwear brands and the largest lingerie retailer in the world, it’s no wonder Victoria’s Secret stocks a fabulous bridal collection. There’s something to suit everybody and your VS lingerie will have you feeling so body confident that you’ll be strutting down the aisle towards your truelove like one of the Victoria Secret’s models at the world-famous catwalk show! This great Sexy Illusions Bra is a wardrobe staple and has oodles of support with non-slip, side smoothing technology and removable straps for £45.60.
Since its inception in 1994, Agent Provocateur has become an iconic and globally recognised luxury brand. Cheap, it certainly isn’t, but if you want to blow the budget and feel like a million dollars, you should definitely take a peak at the website! Our personal favourite for curve correcting is the Felinda Slip which retails at £195.
Owned by Dragons Den judge, Theo Paphitis, Boux Avenue is the newest kid on the block and has quickly become a high street favourite with 28 stores across the UK. We love Boux Avenue for delivering excellent quality underwear without breaking the bank. What’s more, every single order comes gift wrapped in the brand’s iconic black, white and pink box complete with lace print tissue paper and a handful of scented rose petals!! The Sexy Padded Low Plunge U Bra is perfect for those plunging necklines and comes in at £30.
Now you’re armed with all the information, so go forth and conquer the world of bridal lingerie. Happy Shopping : )