We are obsessed with Arisaig House for a number of very good reasons. Here’s why:
- Available for exclusive hire for up to 50 guests (main house and three estate cottages).
- Awarded 2 x AA Rosettes for Culinary Excellence.
- Set in almost 20 acres of spectacular ancient woodland and terraced gardens.
- Picture perfect venue for every season.
- Several stunning options to conduct your dream ceremony.
- Dog friendly for those who want their canine companions to accompany them on their special day.
- Located a stone’s throw from some of Scotland’s most breathtaking land and seascape for photoshoots.
Idyllically situated along the Road to the Isles, a route famed for its wildly romantic, unspoilt landscape and synonymous with Bonnie Prince Charlie and more recently, the Hogwarts Express, this baronial beauty contains all the ingredients required to create the ultimate Highland wedding.
Architecturally, Arisaig House sits somewhere between a bijou castle and a grand country pile and can be found nestled within ancient woodland and beautifully stocked terraced gardens with uninterrupted views over Loch nan Uamh and out towards the Roshven Hills.
The magic behind this venue is down to the Winnington-Ingram family, who alongside their excellent team, have effortlessly managed to strike the perfect balance of relaxed luxury, which is no mean feat in a building as grand as Arisaig House.
Arisaig House can be booked exclusively for you and your guests to unwind and enjoy the informal, homely atmosphere and having recently been awarded two AA Rosettes for Culinary Excellence, you can rest assured that you will be extremely well fed throughout the duration of your stay.
Depending on how the good old Highland weather fares on your big day, couples can take their pick of several stunning locations to make their vows. From the chic drawing room with its roaring fire, to the suntrap terrace overlooking the awe-inspiring countryside, to the picture perfect white sand beaches of the nearby coastline, you will be spoilt for choice for locations to say “I do”.
In a nutshell, Arisaig House is a place of perpetual paradoxes, which is exactly why we love it so much. It’s grand but homely. It’s luxurious yet informal. It’s a place where you can enjoy fine dining with your shoes off!
Venue: Arisaig House, Lochaber, PH39 4NR – 01687 450730 – www.arisaighouse.co.uk
Couple: Heather and David
Celebrant: Anne Widdop
Date: August 2018